…I feel like an official mom now. There’s something about having a kid in school – packing lunches, doing homework – that makes it really sink in. I guess the last 5 years and the 3 kids weren’t enough to drive home the point that “Yes, Erica, you’re a mom.” It’s an odd sensation.
Cate had a great time at school. Things of note, straight from Cate:
- Recess or snack time was her favorite part of the day depending on who asks.
- She did NOT like rest time.
- The kid next to her “had candy in his lunch, Mom! That’s crazy! Um, can I have candy in my lunch?”
- Mrs. Zulfiquar is very nice.
- Sometimes they have to put their heads on their table.
- Mikayla got in trouble. (I have no idea who Mikayla is.)
- She didn’t eat the bread from her sandwich; she just licked the mustard off, ate the turkey, then threw it in the trash can.
- They had dress-up clothes in their classroom.
- She can’t wait to go back again tomorrow.
Meg and I missed Cate so much. I couldn’t wait to pick her up from school. It was such a wonderful moment to see her bounce out of school, light up when she saw me, then have her give me a big hug and talk a million miles a minute about her day.
All in all, a very successful day.