There’s too much I want to cover, so this is how I’m going to do it.

  • We left my parents’ house at 8:00 am on a Wednesday and I got to my house at 4:30 pm on Saturday.  (That’s 2:30 am Saturday in the US central time zone.)  65.5 hours of traveling was PLENTY, let me tell you.
  • We spent the night in Dallas the night before we got on the flight.
  • We also got a “bonus” vacation of one night in Tokyo thanks to a late plane making me miss my connection.
  • The hotel room they put us in was n.i.c.e.  The whole bathroom was black granite and I could soak up to my neck in the tub that overlooked our private patio.  Too bad I had too many children to fully take advantage of it.
  • I could not have gotten through the complications of the trip if it weren’t for the kindness of strangers.  There was a man traveling with his teen daughter and a woman traveling alone that helped me immensely.  They’d also missed the flight to Okinawa.  The man took care of all my luggage for me, and the woman was the oldest of 7 kids, and helped keep the kids entertained and herded through the airport, hotel, and then airport again.  Thank you so much Sgt. Brooks and Laura.  I wish you could really know how much you helped me!
  • Meg, who hasn’t had an accident in weeks, even at night, peed in her sleep in the airplane seat.  Thank goodness it was pleather and not upholstered.
  • The flight attendants on the long flight were awesome.  Unceasingly cheerful and helpful.
  • Getting everyone through jet lag by myself has been rough.  They’ve woken up just after 6 am the last two morning, so I think we might be through it.  The baby has been waking up earlier than everyone else, but even she woke up at 5:10 this morning.  I wish she’s sleep longer, but I can totally handle that.
  • A little more than 2 months until Chris is supposed to be home.
  • The baby has been eating little bits of finger foods!  She had some small bits of whole wheat pancake yesterday morning, and some tiny pieces of pasta last night.  She much prefers to feed herself rather than being fed purees, it seems.
  • Cate starts school in a little more than 2 weeks.  (Whimper, whimper, sob, sob.)  I don’t know how I’m going to handle it.
  • It’s good to be home.
This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s