We’ve just been so in love with the girls lately. They have so much energy, and are so sweet and funny. They’ve really made dealing with a series of tragedies lately so much easier. For instance:
- Cate’s greeting to me when she woke up this morning – “Hola! I’m so happy to see you!”
- Cate’s greeting to Chris immediately after – “Hola! Are you my fader [father]?”
- Meg can’t seem to help but smile in a completely cheesy way when she sees a camera (see above)
- While putting on makeup the other day, Cate asked if she could as well. I told her she wasn’t old enough yet. She said to me, “Mommy, you’re old.” Honey, I sometimes feel older than you’d imagine. Sheesh. Funnier still was about 5 minutes later when she said suddenly, “Of course, I’m really old.” Nope, didn’t win her makeup, cute as it was.
- Meg calling anything round in the produce department an apple.
- Cate using coffee filters as a chef’s hat.
- Meg telling everyone in the pharmacy waiting area some jibberish about Pop (my dad) and Nana (Chris’ grandmother). She talks about Dada, Pop, and Nana constantly.
- Cate asking Meg to say all sorts of words and giggling when she says them. She just asked her to say “clay” a second ago.
And one last thing that isn’t so much funny as it is irresistibly sweet:
- Meg had a doctor’s appointment on Monday, and was flipping out when the pediatrician was using the stethoscope on her. Cate came across the room to rub her back and comfort her, telling her, “It’s okay Meg, I’m here.”